- Associated Press - Thursday, March 3, 2016

HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say seven workers at a Long Island restaurant were sickened after a carbon monoxide leak next door.

Newsday (https://nwsdy.li/1oRr3hr ) reports that the incident occurred Wednesday morning in Huntington Station before the Panera Bread restaurant opened to the public.

Suffolk County police say seven employees at the Walt Whitman Shops mall restaurant were taken to a hospital and later released.

The leak originated in a piece of machinery whose exhaust was being vented in an adjoining unit under construction.

The same unit was where carbon monoxide from a faulty vent pipe killed a Legal Sea Foods restaurant manager in 2014.

At the time, the restaurant was not required by law to have carbon monoxide detectors.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide