- Associated Press - Friday, March 4, 2016

LEOMINSTER, Mass. (AP) - A house fire that killed a 90 year old Massachusetts woman was caused by an electrical cord, authorities say.

Anna McCormack lived alone in a one-family home on Main Street in Leominster. The fire was reported at about 8:15 a.m. Tuesday. McCormack was sent to the hospital where she died.

State Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey says investigators have determined the fire started at an electrical cord in the first floor living room. He added that the only smoke alarm present in the home was from the 1970s and didn’t work.

The Fire Marshal’s office says McCormack was the 14th person to die in a fire in Massachusetts so far this year.

___



Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), https://www.telegram.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide