- Associated Press - Monday, May 23, 2016

FALLSTON, Md. (AP) - Fire officials say a Harford County man was severely burned when he used gasoline to fuel a brush pile fire.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a news release that 45-year-old Robert Williams of Fallston used gasoline to ignite the fire. Officials say vapors ignited and caused a flash fire that burned Williams on his face, hands and arms.

Authorities say Williams was flown to the Johns Hopkins Burn Center in Baltimore. Officials say he was in stable condition with second- and third-degree burns.

The fire marshal’s office says residents must never use gasoline to accelerate or assist in open air burning.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide