- Associated Press - Thursday, May 26, 2016

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - A prosecutor says a man accused of causing the death of his girlfriend’s 1-year-old son has been found guilty of a murder charge in southwest Ohio.

Montgomery County’s prosecutor says the jury on Wednesday also found 23-year-old Dionte Evans guilty of involuntary manslaughter and endangering children counts in the death last year of Keyontae Ellis-Bell.

A message seeking comment on Evans’ behalf was left at his attorney’s office Thursday.

Huber Heights police say Evans shared an apartment in the Dayton suburb with the boy and the boy’s mother and Evans was left to care for the boy while his mother was at work.

Prosecutor Mat Heck Jr. says Keyontae’s mother called 911 on April 8, 2015 to report her son wasn’t breathing. A coroner says he died from blunt-force injury.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide