- Associated Press - Monday, May 30, 2016

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Authorities say a barbecue sparked a fire that gutted a Sandy home over Memorial Day weekend.

The Sandy Fire Department says a propone grill sparked the blaze Sunday afternoon. It quickly spread from the siding of the house inside. The home was engulfed when firefighters arrived.

The family escaped without injury but two cats were killed in the fire.

Damage is estimated at $300,000.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide