BOSTON (AP) - A Boston firefighter responding to a fire at his mother’s home got a fright on his way to the scene when he heard a dispatcher say that someone had jumped from a second-floor window.
Steve Perry said he was “thinking the worst,” but when he arrived at his childhood home in the city’s Dorchester neighborhood he found his mother safe on the sidewalk after jumping into the arms of a good Samaritan.
Edwin Julia, a contractor, had been working across the street when he saw the smoke and heard 62-year-old Regina Atwater-Robinson scream for help.
Atwater-Robinson calls Julia her “guardian angel.”
The 43-year-old Perry, a 17-year veteran, said he burst into tears when he saw that his mother was safe.
The fire was blamed on an electrical short circuit.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.