- Associated Press - Thursday, May 5, 2016

RANDOLPH, Vt. (AP) - A three-alarm fire broke out at a commercial building housing three businesses in central Vermont and caused an estimated total of $400,000 in damage.

Randolph Village Fire Chief Jay Collette says his department was alerted to the fire at the South Main Street building around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Assistant State Fire Marshal Paul Cerutti says a preliminary investigation found that the blaze started near a pellet-fired smoker located inside a barbecue restaurant on the structure’s top floor.

Vermont Maple BBQ and China Jade, a Chinese restaurant, suffered most of the damage after the building’s roof caved in. Mid-State Sports, which operated out of the bottom of the building, sustained only water damage.

The blaze took crews about four hours to control. Investigators have ruled that the fire was accidental.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide