- Associated Press - Thursday, May 5, 2016

LINDEN, N.J. (AP) - A candlelight vigil is planned in memory of a 9-year-old boy believed to have been killed by carbon monoxide inside his family’s New Jersey home.

Oshiobugie Asekomhe and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were unresponsive when their mother found them in their bedroom Tuesday morning in their Linden home.

Oshiobugie later died at a hospital. Police say his sister is in extremely critical condition at a hospital Wednesday morning.

The Home News Tribune reports (https://mycj.co/23rdjaI ) a vigil is scheduled for Oshiobugie Saturday evening at Dorothy Ford Park.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They say the carbon monoxide may have been caused by the improper venting of fumes from the home’s furnace.

Authorities say a carbon monoxide detector didn’t appear to be working.

___

Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , https://www.mycentraljersey.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide