- Associated Press - Friday, May 6, 2016

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say that a disconnected gas line caused an explosion at a Cedar Rapids apartment complex in April.

Cedar Rapids Public Safety Communications Coordinator Greg Buelow said Thursday that a gas line was disconnected from a gas water heater, which led to the explosion and fire at the Hardwick Apartments on April 19. Authorities say neighbors suppressed flames and pulled a man from an apartment moments after the explosion.

The man was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide