- Associated Press - Monday, May 9, 2016

LINDEN, N.J. (AP) - Funeral services are planned for a 9-year-old boy believed to have been killed by carbon monoxide inside his family’s New Jersey home.

A candlelight vigil was held Saturday night for Oshiobugie Asekomhe, who died at a hospital Tuesday after he and his 10-year-old sister, Emike, were found unresponsive in a bedroom in their Linden home.

The girl is hospitalized in critical condition.

The Home News Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/1VPQCh9 ) a viewing is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday at the Las Rosas Bannworth Funeral Home followed by funeral services at Rosehill Cemetery.

Authorities say high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the bedroom. They may have been caused by improper ventilation of a furnace.

A carbon monoxide detector didn’t appear to be working.

___

Information from: Home News Tribune (East Brunswick, N.J.) , https://www.mycentraljersey.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide