- Associated Press - Monday, May 9, 2016

HELENA, Mont. (AP) - A 56-year-old Helena woman who called 911 to report a fire in her house collapsed by her back door and later died of smoke inhalation.

Lewis and Clark County Coroner Mickey Nelson tells the Independent Record (https://bit.ly/1T0Iepl ) that the woman reported the fire at 3:55 a.m. Sunday. Nine minutes later, a deputy found her by the back door of her home in the Helena Valley.

Nelson says Patricia Lefferdink was taken to the hospital where she died due to complications of smoke inhalation shortly after 5:30 a.m.

West Valley Volunteer Fire Chief Jerry Shepherd says the fire likely started in a chair in the living room and spread to a couch. He says the fire was contained to the living room.

___

Information from: Independent Record, https://www.helenair.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide