- Associated Press - Thursday, November 17, 2016

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - A 69-year-old Butte woman has died of burns suffered as she tried to extinguish a fire in her apartment.

Butte-Silver Bow Coroner Lori Durkin tells The Montana Standard (bit.ly/2f5ouD) that Betty Jean Zitting died Wednesday at the University of Utah burn center in Salt Lake City.

Zitting was burned Sunday afternoon when her clothes caught fire as she tried to put out a fire on a sofa cushion that had been started by a candle.

Firefighters say she mostly extinguished the flames, but authorities said she suffered burns on a large part of her body.

___

Information from: The Montana Standard, https://www.mtstandard.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide