- Associated Press - Friday, November 18, 2016

VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) - Officials plan to apply for a Federal Aviation Administration Grant to assess and repair drainage problems at the Vicksburg Municipal Airport.

The Vicksburg Post reports (https://bit.ly/2fCOPgh) the Board of Mayor and Aldermen has approved filing a pre-application for the grant, which will cover 90 percent, or nearly $300, of the project’s $333,000 cost with the city and the Mississippi Department of Transportation splitting the remaining 10 percent, or about $17,000 each.

Public Works Director Garnet Van Norman said the work is overdue

He says the airport was built in the 40s and it’s got old storm drain pipes running from all kinds of drainage basins. He says there’re three or four pipes that go under the runway itself and it needs to looked at and fixed.


Information from: The Vicksburg Post, https://www.vicksburgpost.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide