- Associated Press - Friday, November 18, 2016

AURORA, Colo. (AP) - Investigators say a house fire that killed one person and injured several others was caused by an electrical malfunction.

The Aurora Sentinel reports firefighters responding to the fire found the home fully engulfed in flames Wednesday morning. One person was killed, one was critically injured and two others were treated at a hospital and released.

Investigators have not publicly identified the victims.

Albert Saavedra told The Denver Post he was driving by when he saw the fire and a man outside asking for help to rescue his wife. Saavedra says he went into the home, but he couldn’t breathe or see anything.

The cause of the fire has been ruled an accident.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide