- Associated Press - Saturday, November 19, 2016

KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) - There may be no Miss Kenosha Scholarship Pageant next year because the program no longer has a director.

Joya Santarelli, who served as executive director from 2010 to 2015, told the Kenosha News (https://bit.ly/2f553uo) that Sarah Roberts, who became the pageant’s director last year, left the post in June.

“There is nobody else taking it over at this point,” Santarelli said. “No one’s contacted me and said they were planning on (taking over) or express any interest in it.”

The job requires running rehearsals, selling tickets, securing judges and guests, designing the program booklets and lining up donations and sponsors. The contest could take place any time up until April.

“There’s plenty of time for someone to decide if they want to do it,” Santarelli said. “It’s a lot of work, and there’s a bit of a learning curve, but it’s not impossible.”

There’s no possibility Santarelli would lead the organization again, she said.

“It will be the first time in I don’t even know how many decades since there hasn’t been a Miss Kenosha,” Santarelli said. “It’s upsetting, I hate to see that happen because there are so many young, talented women in this area. It’s been such a successful organization, so it’s a shame.”

___

Information from: Kenosha News, https://www.kenoshanews.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide