- Associated Press - Sunday, November 27, 2016

ELKTON, Md. (AP) - Fire officials in Maryland say a man was burned while putting out a space heater fire in his home in Elkton.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a statement that the fire happened Sunday around 3 a.m. and that the man was awoken by a smoke alarm sounding in his home.

The office says the man was able to extinguish the fire with a garden hose before fire officials arrived but that he sustained burns to his right leg and hand.

The office says the cause of the fire was clothing too close to an electric space heater.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide