- Associated Press - Sunday, November 27, 2016

EARLEVILLE, Md. (AP) - Fire officials in Maryland say a mobile home was destroyed after the owner accidentally set her couch on fire while attempting to see under it with a lighter.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a statement the fire happened Friday around 1 p.m. at the home on Kent Road in Earleville. The office said that the $20,000 mobile home and its contents are a complete loss.

Officials say it took 30 firefighters about 15 minutes to get the blaze under control.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide