- Associated Press - Sunday, November 27, 2016

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Authorities say a wood-burning stove is to blame for a chimney fire that displaced two people in Henderson on Saturday.

The fire department responded to the home around 10 p.m. on Saturday and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof of a two-story house.

Two people who live in the home smelled smoke and evacuated. They weren’t injured but are now displaced.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental and cased about $245,000 in damage.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide