- Associated Press - Thursday, November 3, 2016

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a propane leak was responsible for an explosion Wednesday night that injured three people in Lakewood.

The News Tribune reports (https://goo.gl/PqXLV2 ) West Pierce Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Jenny Weekes says it’s unclear whether the three people were living in the camper where the explosion occurred.

Weekes says the camper was in the backyard of a residence.

The three suffered burns and were taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, authorities said. They were all listed in satisfactory condition Thursday morning.

Lakewood Police were investigating and had said on Twitter there was nothing suspicious about the incident.


Information from: The News Tribune, https://www.thenewstribune.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide