- The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The activist who was arrested last month after taking a pickax to Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was reportedly thwarted by police in another stunt at the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas.

James Otis died his hair before checking into the hotel over the weekend and used his middle name to book a penthouse room, according to TMZ.

He brought with him a glass cutter, a drill and a 10-foot American flag, TMZ reported. Mr. Otis told the gossip website that he planned to barricade himself in his room, cut the window, and drape the flag from the 64th floor in a form of protest against the Republican presidential nominee.

Hotel workers called the police, who came and escorted Mr. Otis from the building on Saturday, law enforcement sources told TMZ.

He is now reportedly banned from all Trump properties.

Mr. Otis, a Hillary Clinton supporter, was captured on video Oct. 26 destroying Mr. Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star to protest the nominee’s lewd comments about women. He was later arrested for felony vandalism.

“I just sort of had enough with Mr. Trump’s aggressive language toward women and his behavior, his sexual violence with women and against women,” Mr. Otis told the Los Angeles Times. “I’ve had personally in my own family four people who have been assaulted or have had sexual violence happen to them. It all became very personal.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide