- Associated Press - Thursday, September 1, 2016

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - Fire officials say several University of Connecticut students were displaced after they sparked a small fire at their Storrs apartment complex while attempting to burn some bees.

The Hartford Courant reports (https://cour.at/2bD3BUu ) the students were lighting a charcoal grill behind the Carriage House Townhomes around 6:40 p.m. Tuesday when they noticed the bees by their apartment’s brick facade.

The students sprayed the insects with lighter fluid, which ignited and started a fire in the wood frame behind the facade.

Fire officials say the blaze was extinguished quickly and no one was injured. The wall and the kitchens of two apartments were damaged by the flames.

The students who reside in the affected apartments have been placed in temporary housing for a few days while repairs are made.


Information from: Hartford Courant, https://www.courant.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide