- Associated Press - Saturday, September 10, 2016

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - An elderly couple has died in a fire at a Clarksville home.

The Leaf-Chronicle reports (https://leafne.ws/2cNOEPM ) that the fire was called in to the fire department at around 3 a.m. on Saturday and that the blaze was under control within about 45 minutes.

Deputy Fire Chief Ray Williams says the 77-year-old Patricia Richardson and her 84-year-old husband, Leo, died in their bedroom. He says the cause was likely smoke inhalation.

The couple had lived in the home since 1956.

Williams says the fire appears to have started in a garage that had been converted into a room. The source may have been a mini refrigerator.

A smoke detector was found at the scene, but it is unclear if it worked.

___

Information from: The Leaf-Chronicle, https://www.theleafchronicle.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide