- Associated Press - Thursday, September 22, 2016

DETROIT (AP) - The Michigan attorney general’s office is reviewing allegations against three men accused of posting online threats toward Detroit police officers after a prosecutor said she won’t file charges.

Detroit police Chief James Craig tells The Detroit News (https://detne.ws/2cnXqy9 ) he met with Attorney General Bill Schuette to ask for a separate investigation after Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced her decision, citing a lack of admissible evidence and poor police investigation.

Schuette spokeswoman Andrea Bitely confirmed the state investigation.

Worthy announced last month the warrants were denied in three cases. She said, however, that another agency could review the cases and charge the men.

Craig said in July his department had discovered the Facebook postings, following the fatal shooting of five officers in Dallas.

___

Information from: The Detroit News, https://detnews.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide