- Associated Press - Friday, September 9, 2016

COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) - Officials say three people, including a toddler, have been found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in Columbus.

Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan tells news outlets that officials were called to the residence early Thursday where 23-year-old Jose Alfredo Perez, 27-year-old Edilberto Moreno and a 2-year-old child were found dead.

Bryan says the cause of death is asphyxia by carbon monoxide poisoning. He says the victims were running a gas generator inside the house for electricity.

Bryan says a fourth person, an unidentified woman, was also taken to the hospital in critical condition. Her condition is unknown at this time.

Columbus Fire Marshal Ricky Shores advises people not to use a fuel-powered generator inside a home, especially without proper ventilation.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide