- Associated Press - Friday, September 9, 2016

FLINT, Mich. (AP) - A Flint-area prosecutor has dropped a murder case against a man who once was featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”

Prosecutor David Leyton says James Edelen III is in the clear after DNA tests on a gun and bullet casings found at the shooting scene. He says Edelen also passed a lie-detector test. The case was dropped Thursday.

Edelen had been charged in the 2009 death of Markus Arnold, co-owner of a Flint bar. He was captured last December in Nevada.

Leyton tells The Flint Journal (https://bit.ly/2c6Lp5S ) that his job is to “find justice.” He says the evidence doesn’t point to Edelen.

___

Information from: The Flint Journal, https://www.mlive.com/flint

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide