- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 14, 2017

HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. (AP) - Investigators believe a fire that engulfed and killed a homeless man in a Detroit-area fast food restaurant was accidental.

WXYZ-TV reports (https://bit.ly/2lbCKBI ) that the man was smoking a cigarette while apparently cleaning himself with alcohol wipes from an area hospital.

He burst Friday in flames from the bathroom of the Wendy’s restaurant in Highland Park. Authorities had said employees tossed water on the man as he cried for help.

He was burned over half his body.

The man has not been formally identified.



___

Information from: WXYZ-TV, https://www.wxyz.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide