- Associated Press - Sunday, February 19, 2017

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - A carbon monoxide scare has forced an ice rink in Wilmington to close.

According to WDEL-FM (https://tinyurl.com/zv6m3jk), the Skating Club of Wilmington announced Sunday that an ice resurfacing machine known as a Zamboni was found to be leaking carbon monoxide. There was no indication that anyone was sickened from exposure to the odorless, colorless gas. Carbon monoxide exposure can be fatal.

The skating club had been scheduled to host a hockey tournament on Sunday. The closure was announced with a sign on the door of the business as well as on its website.

The club says on its Facebook page that the faulty Zamboni was a backup machine. The rink’s usual Zamboni is being repaired.

___

Information from: WDEL-FM, https://www.wdel.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide