- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 22, 2017

EASTON, Pa. (AP) - Police say a man accidentally lit his hooded sweatshirt on fire while smoking outside a Pennsylvania mall and badly burned himself.

Palmer Township police say it happened Tuesday evening outside the Palmer Park Mall near Easton.

They say the man was either walking or hanging around outside the mall when his sweatshirt caught fire. Some people inside the mall saw the fire and ran outside to douse it with water.

New ethics complaint filed against impeachment whistleblower
Sarah Palin blindsided by divorce email from husband's attorney
Bloomberg's joke of a bid says more about present crop of Democrats

By the time police arrived, the man had suffered severe burns to his hands, upper chest and head.

The man was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where his condition was not immediately available Wednesday.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide