- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 18, 2017

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) - A man has died and eight other people - including firefighters and a police officer - have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Grand Island.

The Grand Island Independent reports (https://bit.ly/2k4H7OY ) that firefighters were sent to a home Tuesday on a medical call. They found the man and a woman in the basement. Authorities say the two were taken to a local hospital, where the man was pronounced dead. An autopsy has been ordered. The woman’s condition hasn’t been released.

The two people’s names haven’t been released.


TOP STORIES
Yes, James Comey, facts really do matter
EXCLUSIVE: High-level, N.K. defector implores Trump to foment coup; tells president he's been duped
Student says teacher yanked 'Women for Trump' pin off chest, files police report: 'It's not OK'


Carbon monoxide monitors warned firefighters and the police officer of their exposure, so they were treated at the hospital as well. They were discharged after three hours of treatment.

Fire officials blamed the carbon monoxide buildup on unvented gas-powered space heaters.



___

Information from: The Grand Island Independent, https://www.theindependent.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide