- Associated Press - Thursday, January 19, 2017

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Fire officials say an 8-year-old New Hampshire boy is being treated for serious burns at a hospital after trying to copy a stunt he saw on YouTube in which someone covers their hands in sanitizer and lights them on fire.

Tashia Ditucci, of Concord, tells WMUR-TV (https://bit.ly/2iWg0DS) she woke up Monday to the sounds of screams. Her son, James, suffered second-degree burns to 15 percent of his body during a sleepover with his older brother and cousin.

She says when the children tried to imitate the video, the sanitizer got her son’s shirt, and the fire spread. The other boys quickly put the fire out.

Ditucci said doctors are optimistic about her son’s recovery.

___

Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide