- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 5, 2017

MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - A used firework tossed into a garbage bin sparked a fire in Medford that spread to an apartment complex and displaced eight people.

The Mail Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/2uKuKJc) that the fire early Wednesday was put out in about 20 minutes but damaged a wooden shed and the windows, attic and some exterior walls of the apartment complex.

All occupants of the six-unit facility made it out safely.

Several other fires in the area kept crews busy overnight, including a sofa on fire in the middle of the road in nearby Ashland.

That sofa had been placed there during the Fourth of July parade earlier in the day but how it caught on fire hours later is still under investigation.

___

Information from: Mail Tribune, https://www.mailtribune.com/

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide