- Associated Press - Thursday, June 22, 2017

DECATUR, Ind. (AP) - An autopsy has determined that a 40-year-old Indiana man died of asphyxia from toxic gas while working in a sewer pit at a Decatur meat shop.

The Adams County coroner on Thursday identified the victim as Justin Manley of Decatur. Another man, Mark Manley, was in critical but stable condition at a hospital.

Justin Manley was pronounced dead Wednesday afternoon at the scene after emergency crews were called to Manley Meats after the two men were found unresponsive in the sewer pit.

The autopsy says Justin Manley’s death was “asphyxia due to drowning due to hydrogen sulfide gas toxicity.” His death has been ruled accidental.

Manley Meats posted on Facebook Wednesday night that the business will be closed Thursday “due to a family tragedy.”



Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide