- Associated Press - Sunday, May 7, 2017

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) - A woman who was severely burned by a propane heater at a Connecticut bible camp has been awarded $1.4 million in a negligence lawsuit.

Nicole Andrew was visiting her boyfriend at the Mountain Lake Bible Camp in Warren in January 2014 when her flannel shirt caught fire while she was standing about an arm’s length away from the heater. Andrew was 19 at the time and suffered burns on 90 percent of her back.

The Connecticut Law Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/2qAAQ0s ) that a six-person jury awarded Andrew $1.4 million last month in her lawsuit accusing the camp of failing to warn her of the potential dangers of the heater.

The camp’s lawyers have asked a judge to overturn the verdict, saying there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the camp was negligent.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide