- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 11, 2017

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - The lawyer for the family of a Connecticut man killed in a standoff with police says they reject a finding that the 25-year-old provoked Stamford officers into shooting him.

John Williams, who represents the parents of Dylan Pape, called a prosecutor’s report on the March 2016 shooting a “whitewash.” Williams tells the Stamford Advocate that Richard and Linda Pape will move forward with a lawsuit against the city and the officers who fired the shots.

Danbury State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III said in a report last week that Pape called 911 himself and indicated he had a gun. He was holding a BB gun when he was shot by two officers.

The city declined to comment on the lawsuit.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide