- Associated Press - Sunday, October 22, 2017

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - A home in western Michigan has burned after fireworks were lit on the porch.

The Kalamazoo Gazette reports that the blaze was reported Sunday morning in Kalamazoo and took several hours to put out.

Kalamazoo Public Safety Lt. Rafael Diaz says the “porch had fireworks exploding all over the place … all kinds of colors. It was lit up like a Christmas tree.”

Diaz says no one was inside the house and authorities had not determined if the fireworks were lit by someone who lived at the home.

No injuries were reported.

Diaz also says the home’s owner reported there were a couple of hundred pounds of fireworks inside.

___

Information from: Kalamazoo Gazette, http://www.mlive.com/kalamazoo


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide