- Associated Press - Saturday, September 23, 2017

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio coroner has concluded that a 12-year-old boy found unresponsive during a birthday sleepover died from an accidental overdose of the powerful painkiller fentanyl, not from choking on a piece of gum.

Columbus police tell WCMH-TV that they’re investigating how Kanye Champelle came into contact with the drug before he was found during his cousin’s party at an apartment complex in July. He died two days later.

The Franklin County coroner found no sign of an injection, and the autopsy didn’t specify how contact with the drug might have occurred.


TOP STORIES
Another dud in the string of bombshells
Warehouse full of unused emergency supplies sparks uproar in Puerto Rico
Trump asks nation to pray over his impeachment, says he's done nothing wrong


Medics who responded to the scene removed a wad of chewing gum from the boy’s throat. The coroner determined that choking was a factor but not the cause of his death.

___



Information from: WCMH-TV, https://www.nbc4i.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide