- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 25, 2018

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Federal authorities in New Hampshire say a yearlong investigation led to the indictment of 45 people in a fentanyl trafficking ring allegedly run by two brothers from Massachusetts.

U.S. Attorney Scott Murray said Wednesday the operation, allegedly headed by Sergio and Raulin Martinez, used dispatchers and distributors to channel fentanyl from Lawrence, Massachusetts, into New Hampshire.

Murray said authorities believe it’s the largest fentanyl case to be prosecuted in the district. He said 32 people from the Lawrence area and 13 from New Hampshire were indicted.

Last month, police seized more than 30 kilograms of suspected fentanyl, more than $500,000 in cash and two firearms.

A lawyer representing Raulin Martinez declined to comment, and lawyers for Sergio Martinez did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide