- Associated Press - Monday, February 26, 2018

BLUEWELL, W.Va. (AP) - Two people have been found dead of what authorities say was likely carbon monoxide poisoning.

News outlets report that a Mercer County sheriff’s deputy responding to a call from concerned family members found a man and a woman dead in a house trailer in Bluewell, West Virginia, on Sunday afternoon.

Chief Deputy Joe Parks says there were no obvious signs of foul play. He says a family pet was also found dead, giving credence to the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. Lt. Bob Burton with the Bluewell Fire Department says there was no working electricity, and it appeared the victims were trying to power their home with a generator.

Parks says an autopsy will determine cause of death.

The identities of the victims have not been released.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide