- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 10, 2018

DIXFIELD, Maine (AP) - Police in Maine say a man seriously burned during a kitchen fire has died from his injuries.

Police say 78-year-old Richard Roberts, of Dixfield, died late Monday at Maine Medical Center in Portland. The fire happened on Jan. 2 when Roberts‘ clothes caught fire while he was using a propane kitchen stove.

Police said last week that Roberts had burns over 45 percent of his body. The home was not significantly damaged by the fire. Roberts was taken first to a hospital in Rumford and then flown by helicopter to Portland.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide