- Associated Press - Friday, June 15, 2018

WALDOBORO, Maine (AP) - The Maine fire marshal’s office says two men escaped a home propane explosion triggered by a basement clothes dryer that knocked the building off its foundation.

Maine Public Safety Department spokesman Steve McCausland said one of the men turned on the dryer late Thursday and the explosion happened in Waldoboro.

He said the men escaped through a basement window.

He identified the men as 59-year-old Robert Keefe and his 28-year-old son, Ryan Keefe, both from Dracut, Massachusetts. Both are being treated at Maine Medical Center for serious burns.

McCausland said the men were opening up the home for the season on behalf of the owner. A fired caused by the explosion burned the house to the ground.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide