- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 27, 2018

WATERFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut toddler has been rescued from an air conditioning and heating vent.

Firefighters were called to a Waterford residence Tuesday morning for a 14-month-old who fell down the ventilation shaft.

WFSB-TV says the boy, Elijah Irizarry, lifted up the vent cover and fell through on the second floor of the house. His mother Kristie Mendes, says he was in a gated area, but just fell in.

Fire crews were able to access the crawl space below the home and disassemble the ventilation duct work to rescue the boy.

The fire department says this is a good opportunity for parents to check their vents to see if they’re screwed in properly.



___

Information from: WFSB-TV, http://www.wfsb.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide