- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 13, 2018

HELENA, Mont. (AP) - An Idaho man suffered burns and a garage was destroyed in a fire caused by a propane explosion at a residence north of Helena.

Lewis and Clark County Undersheriff Jason Grimmis tells KTVH-TV the injured man was a contractor from Boise brought in to work on a propane truck for Montana Propane. He was taken to the hospital in Helena. His name has not been released.

Grimmis says the contractor was working on the truck inside a garage near the Helena Valley Reservoir just after 10 a.m. Tuesday when the explosion occurred. Witnesses reported the blast shook their homes. Flames shot into the air.

Grimmis says the truck had a 3,000-gallon (11,350-liter) propane tank that was about 80 percent full.

East Valley Fire Chief Dave Sammon tells the Independent Record the fire also destroyed two service trucks and a tractor.

Officials did not have an update on the man’s injuries Tuesday afternoon.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide