- The Washington Times - Friday, November 2, 2018

Fox Co-chairman Lachlan Murdoch said Thursday that there are no plans to take back former prime-time star Megyn Kelly, putting an end to rumors swirling about her future since she lost her daytime show at NBC News.

“I’m a big fan of Megyn‘s. We didn’t want her to leave Fox,” Mr. Murdoch, executive co-chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox, said during the New York Times DealBook conference in New York.

“I’m very happy with our current lineup on Fox News and we won’t be making any changes there,” he said.

NBC canceled “Megyn Kelly Today” last week after she made on-air comments about the changing cultural attitudes toward blackface Halloween costumes. Her comments sparked a wave of backlash and an on-air apology from the daytime host, but reports said discussions about her leaving the 9 a.m. show predated the blackface controversy.

Ms. Kelly left Fox News last year to accept a three-year deal valued at $69 million at NBC. She’s now in talks about the terms of her exit from the network.

Asked Thursday if Ms. Kelly had been “damaged” by the blackface comments, Mr. Murdoch agreed, but said he hopes she returns to media in some capacity “because she’s very talented,” CNBC reported.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide