- Associated Press - Thursday, November 8, 2018

LACONIA, N.H. (AP) - Police in New Hampshire say a dog that jumped into Lake Winnipesaukee was electrocuted and its owner also suffered an electrical shock when she tried to rescue her pet.

The dog, a 13-year-old black Labrador retriever, died. The woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation. Authorities said she was walking the dog when it got away from her went into the water Sunday.

The Laconia Fire Department said the water had an electrical current in it and asked the utility company, Eversource, to turn off power to the docks and a light pole.

Eversource said in a statement it immediately shut off power and determined the hazard was caused by customer-owned equipment. Power was later restored to the boat docks.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide