- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 12, 2019

PROVO, Utah (AP) - Officials say a downtown Provo restaurant is likely a total loss after a fire started in the basement and then engulfed the establishment.

Provo Fire and Rescue teams arrived Monday night to a fire at the Los Hermanos restaurant.

Dean York with the Provo Fire Department says the fire started in the basement and spread up through the floors in the first floor.

A firefighter suffered a broken arm after falling on stairs at the scene and was transported to Utah Valley Hospital.

York says that after the damage sustained by the fire and fire suppression, it is expected the building, which is at least 100 years old, will be a total loss.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide