- The Washington Times - Friday, January 11, 2019

Former MSNBC host and podcaster Touré Neblett apologized for his behavior Thursday after a woman who claimed to be a former make-up artist for Mr. Neblett accused him of repeated workplace harassment.

“On the show, our team, including myself, engaged in edgy, crass banter, that at the time I did not think was offensive for our tight-knit group,” Mr. Neblett said in a statement. “I am sorry for my language and for making her feel uncomfortable in any way.”

The apology follows the release of the explosive Lifetime documentary “Surviving R. Kelly” about the allegations of sexual abuse and pedophilia against the iconic rapper. As seen in the documentary, then-BET News reporter Mr. Neblett asked Mr. Kelly about the allegations in a 2008 interview. Mr. Neblett again addressed the allegations against Mr. Kelly during “The Clubhouse with Mouse Jones” podcast earlier this week, Essence magazine reported.

A woman posting under the name “danimakeup” commented on an Instagram post of Mr. Neblett’s podcast appearance, saying the journalist routinely made inappropriate remarks when she worked with him in 2017 for a Time Inc. show.

“He couldn’t stop asking me to do anal, how I looked naked, if I had sex over the weekend, what it would be like to [expletive] me,” Dani wrote, Essence reported. “I had to have the crew stay in the room [with] me while I got him ready … and when I left I called HR … he got fired instantly.”



A rep for Mr. Neblett told Essence that Mr. Neblett left Time Inc. because his contract ended.

In his statement, Mr. Neblett added, “As a lead on the show, I should have refrained from this behavior. I have learned and grown from this experience.”

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide