- Associated Press - Tuesday, August 11, 2020

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — One of the biggest tourist draws to South Carolina’s Atlantic coast is the latest to succumb to the coronavirus pandemic.

This year’s Carolina Country Music Fest in Myrtle Beach has been postponed until 2021 amid concerns about COVID-19. It is now scheduled for June 10-13, 2021, with the current lineup still on tap to perform, news outlets reported. This year’s event, originally scheduled for June 4-7, had been postponed to Sept. 17.

Mayor Brenda Bethune said the music festival, which has become a staple in the city since it began in 2015, brings in around $20 million a year and attracts more than 30,000 country music fans.

Recently, Gov. Henry McMaster’s announced that concerts and other entertainment venues can open, as long as they are operating at no more than 50 percent capacity.

Festival organizers said in several social media posts the decision to postpone was a tough one to make but was made for the safety of all.



“The uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 made it increasingly clear that moving CCMF to 2021 was the best decision to protect the health and safety of fans, the community, artists, and CCMF staff,” festival organizers said. “We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we worked tirelessly with the obstacles surrounding, yet again, the CCMF postponement.”

All previously purchased tickets and parking passes will still be honored for the rescheduled dates. Tickets can be refunded upon request.

The lineup for this year’s event was set to feature 30 country bands and artists, including headliners Luke Combs, Darius Rucker, Eric Church and Jake Owen.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide