- Associated Press - Saturday, November 21, 2020

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A fast food worker in Connecticut accused of shooting two people outside the restaurant while working last week has surrendered to police to face attempted murder and other charges.

Hartford police said Armando Perez, 34, of East Hartford, turned himself in Friday in connection with the Nov. 15 shooting in the parking lot of a Taco Bell restaurant.

Authorities said the two victims were found in the parking lot and taken to a hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds to various parts of their bodies. Police have not released any updates on their conditions.

Officials also have not disclosed the motive for the shooting. Police said the victims were neither employees nor customers of the restaurant.

Police said Perez fled before officers arrived and authorities found a gun inside the restaurant.



Perez is detained on $750,000 bond. The name of his lawyer hasn’t been disclosed.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide