- Associated Press - Friday, September 18, 2020

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Medical officials in Las Vegas have attributed the death of a 29-year-old Las Vegas woman to complications from a gunshot wound she received during the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history nearly three years ago.

However, Las Vegas police said the department does not plan to raise the death toll beyond the 58 people killed in October 2017 on the Las Vegas Strip.

Samanta Arjune’s death May 26 at a Las Vegas hospital was ruled a homicide stemming from the severe leg wound received in the massacre, the Clark County coroner said Thursday.

Police also did not raise the death tally last month following findings by the coroner in California’s San Bernardino County in the death of a Redlands woman.

Kimberly Gervais, 57, had been a quadriplegic after being wounded in the neck. She died at a hospital last November.



Authorities have said more than 400 people were wounded and about 450 more were hurt fleeing bullets raining from 32nd-floor windows into a crowd of 22,000 people at an outdoor country music festival.

The gunman killed himself before police reached him in a suite at the Mandalay Bay resort. Authorities theorized he may have sought notoriety, but said they never determined a clear motive for the attack.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide