- Associated Press - Saturday, February 20, 2021

NEW YORK (AP) - Eight people were injured and nearly two dozen people evacuated their homes late Friday following a carbon monoxide leak in Queens.

The Fire Department of New York said it detected high levels of the poisonous gas at a residential building on 81st Street in Jackson Heights.

Four people were taken to a nearby hospital, the FDNY said, while another four were treated at the scene.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide